Sunday, August 6, 2017

Training for my next half marathon

So I've really been neglecting this blog, haven't I? Haha!

Well, I started training for my next race, which will be the half at the Kansas City Marathon on Oct. 21.

I decided to try the Hanson's Method training program, it is quite different than the heart rate plan from Garmin. And I like it!


Significantly higher mileage on this plan, that's for sure!

Training is going well though. I haven't had any issues with injury thankfully. I did have a not very happy time with a pair of shoes last week however.

I bought a new pair of Saucony Kinvaras which wore blisters in my heels within a mile or two of going out in them for their first run.

The great folks at RunAround Joplin pointed out the new model of that shoe have a differently designed heel cup than the previous model which I believe caused those nasty blisters.

They also told me that Kinvara is only a 200 mile shoe and with my training regimen I should be in a shoe with a bit more padding. So they put me in a Saucony Ride 10, and advised me to get a half-size larger and I'm in love. Those shoes are great!

I'll try to be better at posting here, but keep in mind I post nearly every day on my Instagram account!

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment