Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Hanson's Half-Marathon Training

I'm several weeks into the Hanson's Half-Marathon training plan and I thought I'd give my thoughts on it thus far.


Basically, my thoughts are that it is much much higher mileage.


And I like it. I really really like it. Every run now is more than 5 miles, and many are 8 or more. My long runs are up to 10-12 miles.


I went from 20-mile weeks to 40 miles plus! I LOVE IT!


The Garmin heart-rate plan which I did for my first half was adequate. But I always thought I wanted to do more mileage. The training never really challenged me, it never really hurt. But after the race, I hurt quite badly. I was pretty worried at one point.


The Hanson's training is challenging, and it hurts sometimes. So my hope is that by hurting some now, it will hurt less after the race this fall.


And speaking of fall, they're bringing back pumpkin spice this year! LOL! I don't imagine I'd like it, but then again maybe I should give it a shot.


I hope you all are well!

No comments:

Post a Comment