Saturday, February 25, 2017

Week 8 half marathon training: Race a 10k!

My training plan called for racing a 10k today. Since  I couldn't get to any live races I registered for a virtual from US Road Running.

It was really cold out when I ran it, but when you're running you don't really notice the cold.

 

I'm really pleased with my performance during this race. I beat my previous 10k time by more than four minutes. I was hoping to do a little better, but I was surprised at how much faster I was able to finish.

This race was a real shot in the arm for confidence. I've been kinda wondering whether this training plan I'm following was helping me out. This was concrete proof that it's doing what it's supposed to be doing and I'm thrilled.

The Garmin Marathon, where I'll be running my first ever half-marathon, is only 56 days away now. I can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment