Sunday, September 10, 2017

Band on the Run part deux

Two years ago when I started running, I didn't have any intention of signing up for any races.

But in September 2015 the local high school held the Band on the Run 5k about the time I finished the C25k program. So I decided to sign up for it.


Here I am at the starting line of that race. I weighed 230 pounds. I finished in 33:54, and that hurt!

They didn't hold the race in 2016, but a couple weeks ago they announced they would run it this year.

I told myself I wasn't going to run it, my training plan called for a 12-mile long run that day. But when I woke up yesterday morning, I just had to!


Here I am before the race yesterday. I weigh 175.


Here we are getting ready for the start!


Here I am crossing the finish line. My watch said 24:25! I am so happy!


My time was good enough to get me first place in my age group!

Running has changed my life. The progress I've made over the past two years blows my mind.

I really hope I can make running my life, helping others find the joy in it that I've found.


No comments:

Post a Comment